Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dogs on Leash


How boring is that picture? The dogs are starting to learn to walk together. More Gus Gus is starting to learn to walk on his leash.

Its looking like Larry is getting a huge 4 plex, which he plans to turn into an 8 plex. This is new construction, someone started, got it to lock up but couldn't finish. Larry is getting smarter, he is going to take bids on this one, instead of hiring people by the hour. By the hour everyone is waiting for some one, some thing, or some material, and they don't get much done during the day. I feel good today, I actually had coffee w Larry, and he told me not to tell the other guys about this new building. So yet again with the next project it will be me, with potentially another raise, if my bid goes well, and a whole new crew of carpenters and other tradesmen. I got paid more than the other guys too, but I never hung around waiting for anything.

I put my truck in the ditch today, which was really kinda fun. I just slid on some ice, and the front wheels just went off the road, and I felt committed, like I wasn't going to be able to back out, and I was likely to slide all the way down the bank. So I pinned it, and drove down the bank, and just spun out down the ditch, gaining enough speed to get up the bank where the next drive way was. There was probably only 6 inches of snow in the ditch. I feel I wouldn't have slid in if there was more snow, with some hard packed on the road edge.

No comments: