Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pigeon Holocaust


Andreashyk invited us over for dinner last night, cause I volunteered to help her w her pigeon problem. I took the dune buggy over during the day in some -10 ish cold and tested a prototype $1 DIY heated vest. The vest was great, but I realized great discomfort in my frozen hands, even with my thick winter mittens. I realized there is nothing available besides awkward heated gloves, to keep your hand warm on a go kart/dune buggy with a steering wheel. I will have the entire market when I release my heated steering wheel plans, which I thought of at that second with my frozen fingers. That is so exciting, because those plans will not only have the market, but most of the work is already done with the heated vest plans.

When I was at Michelle's during the day I unloaded 15 of her bullets on the 30 ish pigeons, but they all got away unscathed. But later at night Probably because of owls stalking them, the pigeons would not leave the garage at night. I managed to snipe out 18 of them before dinner, after dark. Got a little carried away, intended to just hang a couple o dead carcases to prevent the rest from coming back, but then only 10ish of them left the garage in the dark.

Then going home I got a flat tire. Thank goodness I have been carrying a spare around on the buggy, it would have sucked to walk home in -10 in snow boots. The rim just cracked, for no apparent reason, besides beating the crap out of the whole machine, no specific rim trauma or damage. But that is both front rims cracked and broken on the old Hammerhead now. I am not going to pay $100 for another Chinese aluminum wheel. I can get away with a tube in this one, until the rim actuality breaks all the way in half.

Moved the camper to the front yard in preparation for driving to Mexico, and possible snow in the next week.

No comments: