Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Diesel Ranger Has Hope

I think the Mitsubishi parts guy is starting to get annoyed with me. I did find the same motor int the Dodge Ram 50 of 83-84, I expect Dodge to be as much help as Ford. Mitsubishi made a "Mighty Max" truck in 87, apparently only available as right hand drive, not in north america. I can't believe after all the work, hours of calling dealers, parts suppliers, engine re builders, diesel ranger forums, blah, blah, blah.
I googled the engine model "4d55t" and "pistons", blam, suppliers in right hand drive continents, New Zealand and Australia, presumably happy to send me brand new pistons and liners, even a complete rebuild kit with all gaskets. Hopefully all gaskets, cause I can't get more than the oil pan gasket and head gasket in Canada. I was going to have a gasket making day. The sad part is it is looking like the block will need to be relined, which will cost $$$, but its not that sad when I can get it all together the rebuild and all will easily cost under $3000 and be brand new.

Thats my new found hope for the morning. Here is a video of the chickens.

No comments: