Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Youtube

Had some trouble w the weedeater bike, made a quick stand to get it running and never did start it.

Having the "problem" video on youtube was great, because I got suggestions that I would have never thought of for the problem. Its like posting to a forum of people with that specialty, to help you solve the problem. Another Youtube plus.

I am in a good position to be partnered and get adsense revenue on my videos. I can apply again in 1 month, if I am denied then, 3 months for sure. I was going through Kips email to get the tracking # for my RC car, wile he had sent me all the correspondence to the RC people to explain the delay. When I reach the traffic that he is getting, on kipkay.com, that is success. Kip stated his traffic stats, click through and all. The line I liked was something like "I will not only give away your $600 RC car, directing traffic to your site, but I also offer banners on my web site for $500". The RC car offer by the way, gave Kip another 5000 subscribers to his youtube channel, so everybody wins there. I have to come up with something clever to get the half million subscribers Kip nearly has.

I finally put some tracking HTML on this blog, so I can know my traffic, the youtube vids didn't really tell me, because it seems unlogged in user views don't count. So there is no difference in views between posted and not posted vids, especially now I have 100 subscribers. Hopefully this doesn't mean a tracking cookie, I know many people don't allow those and some websites wont work without them. Let me know if anyone has trouble.

No comments: