Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First day on the job

The job site is crazy as ever. This job has an out of work welder doing the carpentry with a 1st year apprentice. No plan, and not much organization. So I just pull my wires where I think they should go, then someone mentions in passing, we are going to pull that floor out and raise it up 12". So I pull my wires out of the floor, and pull more somewhere else. But I can't complain, I get paid and its by the hour. I already knew from the last job, that I couldn't put an accurate bid in for this house, with no plan especially.

Hopefully it all comes together by the end of the month, and it can be drywall mayham for a few weeks wile I come to Victoria and get my motorbikes.

I was going to stop in to get a new battery for my truck. Rite now it has two crappy batteries that don't quite give the juice of one good battery. But instead I stopped by the dodge dealer to check out the sprinter vans. They didn't have any, but recommended a dealer in Edmonton that I will pass tomorrow as I go to get supplies, and fill up w fuel. That will be the first tank with the new O2 sensor. I fear nothing has changed, how frustrating is that?

Dodge did show me the Caravans, and they do come in a cargo van. But the cargo van is virtually non existent and probably has no resale value at all. Especially when the seats of the regular van all fold into the floor neat like any van from the 90's with the seats removed. Maybe I should just look for a used minivan, they are so inexpensive, and (besides the sprinter that costs more than twice as much) there is no improvement in fuel economy from 90's minivans to the 2009s.

Got a rough quote from an insulation company and it looks like they can blow it in w their two guys for less than the cost of insulation from Home Depot. There must be a big mark up on the stuff at the store. So we will call and book em to come to the house next time they are in Andrew.

No comments: