Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Latest


A pic of Gus, cause he is so cute.

The latest electrical job is going really well, except that I get obsessed w finishing it and that is all I do, 7 days a week. For only one week so far, so its all good.
I was thinking today that I would like to advertise, just a little bit to do electrical work, just for people that are going to pay and not keep adding to the job for quoted bids. Then I realized that I was just offered a lot of work for the county, over dinner a few nights ago. So it is really good I got my masters when I did, and I will go see about this extra work tomorrow.
I get my first electrical inspection tomorrow.

I looked at that van a few days ago, I don't know what I expected for $200, but this didn't meet my expectations. It was very rusty with big holes along the bottom of the body to start with. Then the woman couldn't find the keys, so I waited around wile her husband came home with the keys he took to work. Then it wouldn't start at all, or even turn over. I could have fixed that rite away, but it was full of garbage, literally. Then even if I could have started it, got it into drive, and dumped all the garbage in their back yard, the steering wheel was coated in something like honey. It was really gross.

On the good side of things, I got 13.6mpg this last fill, w the new oxygen sensor. Because gas is $0.93 wile propane is $0.60 rite now, 13.6mpg on propane has a cost equivalent of 21mpg, because gas costs 1.55 X as propane. So thats not bad, the ol Aero stars only ever got 20 mpg. With all that in mind, I am going to run the truck for the rest of the winter, maybe even put a crate motor in it if I can find one cheap enough. I did buy some interior accessories for the ol dodge to organize my paperwork on the road.

So all was looking good to come to Victoria on the second of Sept. But I will have to check that the county doesn't need anything done before I commit to that departure date.

Michelle started her job today, first day. It is interesting to me that her coworkers all figure it is a great time to do renovations, because there are so many unemployed people they can just take the lowest bidder. That works as long as they can finish the job for what they bid it at. Again this job I am doing has surprised me with the cost of everything. I have spent on materials, just about, what I would have bid the job at. Good thing it is a cost plus job. Hopefully I will have a better idea after its done, what to bid.

No comments: