Saturday, August 15, 2009

Motor Vehicles

So much to do now we are back home!
I thought that I might get a small camper for my ranger and use that as the little diesel motorhome. I looked everywhere for a used one for sale, and I found only one for $1500 in Edmonton. Rite away I knew it wasn't worth $1500 because it was from the late 70's, but I thought I should look at it cause it was the only one. It was so small inside I completely scrapped the idea of getting a camper for the little truck. There was no toilet, no refridgerator, I couldn't believe it. I might as well put the canopy back on the truck and get a nice foamy to sleep on in the box. We may end up getting a Vixen motor home yet. The Vixen I was bidding on went for over $15k in the end, same price as Vixens closer to Alberta, that we can test drive first.

I did get out to Edmonton Cast Iron where the Ranger head has been sitting for just about 3 years, all rebuilt and welded up. They were happy to see me, they thought I had abandoned my head. I had only forgotten about it, and my phone # had changed so they couldn't call me to remind me to come pick it up. Now I can start putting the Ranger back together one of these days soon, and run some cheap fuel.

I am replacing the O2 sensor in the ol Dodge, thinking that will greatly improve my gas milage. I will be coming to Victoria in the truck around the end of the month to help Kim with some stuff and pick up my motorcycles from the barn. I expect the truck to get better than double the present 8 MPG with a new oxygen sensor.

I went to look at a low rider Nissan truck that was pretty cool, but a big project. There was a lot more work left to do to it than the ad had described. So I opted to not take on another truck project, and just fix the old Ranger, so I can have a summer truck and winter truck. But I did oddly run into Dave that same day, and he happened to be picking up a crashed Magnum motorbike, which I had a look at. We bartered a deal out to trade the V 4 motorbike for my dirt bike that I don't ride, and the old 70's sled that doesn't work very good. I will make a new frame for the V4 engine, w a longer front end that has been waiting for years to go on something. And presto Chopper two.

Since we got back from Toronto, I insured my motorbike I have been working on the truck so I rode the ninja for my last 300km trip to the city and home. It was a lot of fun, I want to keep riding it until it gets too cold. I was really soar at the end of the day, but it was worth it. I really like that bike but for strait highway and distances you can't beat a chopper.

No pictures lately, I can't find the odd ball Fuji USB cord.

No comments: