Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Home in 48 hours

We had a few delays on the drive from Toronto, but no "near misses". The first real slow down was Chicago Rush hour traffic. I would not want to commute to work in Chicago by car. Then there was a lot of construction zones, we got stuck behind a farm tractor in Dakota, and I stopped to sleep twice.

The border coming into the states from Toronto was the easiest crossing yet. Just looked at our pass ports and waved us through. Oddly getting back into Canada at Saskatchewan wasn't so easy, they though I was a baddy. As they put it, "There is another person w the same name as you that isn't so nice". That just involved a short stop over. The border officials took a close look at my ID, and me, perhaps comparing it all to pictures on their computers. Then they let us go, and "released" our car. I wasn't aware the car was seized, it was still where we parked it.

Amazingly we didn't collect a whole pile more stuff wile in Toronto, probably cause we didn't have much money for the trip. The Mother in law was in the market for a new stainless steel BBQ, and wanted to get rid of her old black BBQ that is much nicer than our small camper size one. We couldn't let that go to the dump, so we ended up taking it apart for her and fitting it on the roof of the car. That helped everyone out.

Our electric massage beds that we had picked up just before the road trip to Toronto, were the most loved possession when we got back. Both Michelle and I had soar swollen sausage feet when we got back. Going to bed last night w the of the bed raised, and vibrating massage on the feet, felt so good.

I will try and add some exciting picture when I upload my camera later.

No comments: