Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Vixen

So far the Vixen has been bid up to $12k ish. In Toronto here we are only 5 hours away from the Auctioned motorhome. Despite offers to pay for insureance and all the owner will not let me test drive it because he doesn't trust the brakes, figures it has been sitting so long brake lines have prolly rusted out. For another $3000 ish I can buy a Vixen that I can test drive and barter w price. So the ebay auction is out.

Sprinters appear to be about $50k brand new, and are few and far between in stock. In Toronto w hundreds of Dodge dealers I found only one brand new Sprinter in the east end, too far to bother with today, our free day in Toronto.

I did find a used Sprinter in Manatoba, that we will hopefully stop in and look at on the way home. It is the legendary Mercedes 5 cylinder motor, and only $17k. He hasn't got back to me w mileage and stuff yet.

Winter is coming, and if I do electrical work, I would be much happier w a van. I am sick of truck drawers frozen shut, wire spools covered in snow, frozen drill batteries that won't work nor charge. Although I plan on trading and web site development to be my main focuses, I will likely do electrical jobs for Larry, Ron and any other developer that will profit from my work. Larry has bought a gold mine in BC which is exciting, and I expect some specialized electrical mining equipment work out there from him as well. This Sprinter in Manatoba is really my only chance at one, hope its not miled out. The Sprinter link is... http://showrooms.canadatrader.com/showrooms.asp?RowID=1346836&Dealer_id=388-168&Pagecount=1&status=0

It is so hard to make a decision w so many possibilities. I could buy any number of 90's minivans for $1000, and keep my cheap insurance w no Collision cocerage.

No comments: