Thursday, August 20, 2009

Michelle starts her training today for working at Lamont High School. She gets to learn the accounting program and get her picture taken.

Yesterday I locked my keys in the truck at the gas station. It never really bothered me. I can barely get part of an arm in through the back window, past the tool box and not quite reach the quarter window behind the door to open it. I had always thought I could remove the tool box if that ever happened, but I managed to reach the quarter window latch w a 12" square.

I did get a somewhat victorious 12.5 mpg on propane. Gas costs 50% more than propane here so that is a cost equivalent of 18.75mpg in gas. Still not really good enough for all the driving I do.

I got 2 really cheap Aerostar options. I searched for Aerostars and there are a lot for sale with over 300,000 km on em. But I found 2 in need of repair. One needs transmition work, and has been parked in the garage for a decade, w only 150k on it, the other only needs transmission linkage, the latter I could get into drive and drive home. Either of those would be a great winter beater.

I was really enjoying having an old beater truck wile the welder drove the bobcat in very close proximity to my truck yesterday. I have a high price painted on the windshield, as if to say, you break it you bought it.

No comments: