Monday, August 31, 2009

Randomness


Here is a picture of uncle Harvey and Michelle, in Toronto

I find it ironic that I went to a job and got compliments on my truck from a guy. I guess I get comments all the time on how well it is set up, but this was about the the truck only. This was from the drywaller. I looked at his van a
90's Aerostar, and realized I couldn't drive an Aerostar for work. I also heard that 35% of business, for companies with fleet vehicles, comes from people seeing the vehicle on their street. I will continue to use my truck for a wile, but I think I will get a sprinter and do some really fun graphics on the sides.

My truck milage is constantly improving its self since the new oxygen sensor. I got 14.1 mpg on the last fill, up from the 8-9 mpg
prior. I am hoping to get it up to 20mpg eventually, but I might just get something new before then.

I have found Larry, my main customer/contractor, uses different guys for every job. I am not sure why that is but I feel special being brought on to every job as the electrician. I tried a new professional aproach to meeting the crew at this new house in Edmonton. I walked in, introduced my self, shook the guys hands, gave them each a card, and dropped Larrys name so they new I wasn't there looking for work, cause there is lots of that that goes on. Well would you believe they
refered me to another job, that will require a permit and my masters. I am thinking at this point, I will go look at this new job on my way to Victoria Wendsday, or maybe Tuesday eavening if time allows it.

No comments: