Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New gate


An attempt at embedding my first youtube vid. Made this for Tom at airbagit.com, just cause I accidentally typed their name into youtube when I wanted to bring up their web site, and there was a negative vid on there about them. But they were so helpful to me, and I am so happy w my airbags, I had to make a positive vid. I picked up another package from the post office today, and the "Post Master" didn't say a word to me.

More related to my life, lets see if I can put my new gate vid on here after this paragraph. Its kinda boring, but I made it for Michelle wile she is in Kelowna.


I am finding it is not too cold yet, but it is still cold to be working in my shop. I love the new extra large fire place in there, Thanks Kim, but I hate leaving it burning when I am done in the shop, and I never spend that long in the shop. That whole shop is a big tinder box and asphalt shingles to boot. Plus I would like more heat. So I am going to make a used oil burner "furnace" that goes inside the fireplace. It will be made from large brake drums, and will get red hot, thats why its going in the fire place, to minimize fire hazards. But it won't throw sparks out the chimney, it won't create a lot of ash, and when I go inside to eat I can shut the fuel off, and hazard is eliminated. I have to work tomorrow afternoon in Vegreville but in the morning I am going to Darelle's wrecking yard, to find some drums, get a hood pin latch for my tractor loader dump, and pull the windshield from the bronco, being in better shape than the Rangers.

I got my steam engine half done today, I need to pick up a couple parts for it in Veg tomorrow, and I can finish it. So excited, which is silly cause it is a simple engine made from beer cans, but it is so cool.

No comments: