Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tom Tom Problems

Tom Tom GPSs are garbage. I paid a little more for a Tom Tom at Wallmart. That is compaired to the Nextar that failed me with a software issue. The Tom Tom pissed me off rite away, firstly because it wouldn't turn itself on when the car turns on.
It wouldn't set its own time, I had to manually set it. I put in 50 street Edmonton and it said there are no addresses on 50 street, that is the biggest bunch of bull I ever heard. Tom Tom wouldn't let me set the voice to british, I had to listen to an american telling me where to go, which makes it all worse. All this and Canadian tire telling me they won't take GPSs back, made me want to return it. The experience was painless and smooth at wallmart, they had no problem, and I even told them about Canadian Tires polocy. The Wallmart GPS guy said there is no problem returning anything there, even if you want to return a GPS after a road trip. So I bought a nice Garmin, which is 10x better than Tom Tom. I also decided to boycott Canadian Tire. There is no reason to go there w their half ass customer service, and "customer is NOT rite" attitude. I need a new tire for my truck, and they are pretty much the only gig in Vegrevill here, but I will wait till I get to any other store to replace it.

My possum killer postal van sold for $9266.00 in the end. That makes me more certain that I will do the same paint job on the old Dodge. Today I have painted the spare rally wheel a similar burnt orange, we'll see what it looks like tomorrow, and paint another one.

Test drove a Nissan Cube today. I was very unimpressed with the dealer, and their pressure sales bull. They wanted a down payment to hold the brand new cube. We didn't even specially pick it or anything. We were there for 2 hours and left still not knowing what the cash sticker price was, what the gas mileage is and what the towing capacity is. Just the run around on all the questions, "but how much can you afford to pay per month?". I will not be going back to that dealership, or any other 25 owned by the "go auto group", which I believe is the culprit here.

No comments: