Sunday, November 29, 2009

Steam Punk


This isn't my toilet, I just like it. One day when there is water in my shop I will build one.
I spent today working on my vest plans, and doing a bit of research on line for cool ideas. I discovered Steampunk, and Teslapunk, which is a modern style I am quite fond of. I think there is a lot of interpretation to the style so I won't attempt to describe it, and leave it to anyone to google it and come up with their own theory. But it got me to thinking about my anoying cell phone that I am always losing, and don't really use much. I still think the 80s brick phones were better. Until I get an Iphone, I would like to get another brick phone, and embed my "digital" motorolla into it. Just for a good laugh, and fun. Sort of make a fully functional modern brick phone. Well you should see what brick phones are going for on Ebay! I feel a bit sick that I threw mine out... I think. Anyway, if anybody still has a brick phone, hook me up. I might be able to snipe one on ebay for as little as $50, otherwise the "buy it now" prices are $100-$400.

I am terribly disorganized without my office/man cave, so I will note this on the blog, where I know I can find it again. Guaranteed I will want to build something cool when I get back from Mexico, and I won't be able to remember the stuff I need. I found this cool stuff for making plastic things. It is called Shape lock. It is like play dough plastic. I think you boil it, then its play dough like, and when it cools it is plastic. This is next level for creating cool stuff. I haven't looked into it for years, but it was $20,000 to get a plastic mold made 10 years ago. Now one off inventions can be formed on their own, with a tub of Shape Lock, that costs less than $14. Very exciting, maybe I am easily excitable these days. I'll blame it on the egg nog lattes, I have been over dosing on. If I wind down after christmas I will have to find a spring source for egg nog.

No comments: