Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hunting Season Is Over

It looks like, if I work my ass off, I can get this duplex wired for the 15th of Dec, then the next big job doesn't start till Jan 15th.  Thats a big 1.5 million dollar house in Glenora, by the way, which I don't officially have yet, but my chances are good.

So we were going to fly to Mexico for that 30ish days.  But I only have enough air miles for 1.25 return tickets, and its all so rushed, and I really just want some time off here.  Work on the house has stalled, so we live in a construction zone, unsuitable to show the university housing.  It seems like we could spend  a month just working on the house, easily.  I still haven't taken the bow to the Sherwood Park Archery Lanes, just 10 min away.  I really want to try my new bamboo arrows, before I make more.  My service van has never been finished.  I got my proximity door lock/alarm screwed up under the dash with the bazillion wires hanging down on the floor, and then the inspector I was waiting for showed up.  I haven't made any shelving in the new van so its on a precarious piling system, that makes it hard to find stuff at the bottom.  
I bought a new plazma cutter, and I have not even had a chance to try it yet. 
Plus its really kind of warm, a pleasant -10.

I invested in the big forced air diesel heater this year, affectionately called Herman Nelson.  I am looking forward to putting that in my ghetto garage, wire up the new plazma cutter, and try not to start a fire.

I went hunting another couple of times, including the last hour of the last day.  Desperate times with 3 tags, and nothing shot all season.  The tag holder almost shot a small doe, which was no baby, but probably young.  It was really down to the last min, we even went 5 min into overtime hunting season, before the bullets were pulled from the gun.  But the Doe never came close enough, and he wasn't confident with the long range accuracy of the rifle.  Although it should have been good for a km away, the scope needed to be dialed in better.  So we never shot anything.

I found a sweet trailer lock on Ebay, but the seller won't ship it to me in Canada.  I have found ways between the Iphone ebay app, and the computer to bid on stuff in Canada, where I am not supposed to, because they don't ship to Canada.  Sometimes they will just figure out the shipping, probably put an extra irritated charge on it, whatever, but send it out to me anyway.   The trailer lock is a guy that will just refund my money, as soon as I pay, with my Canadian address, restating that he doesn't ship to Canada.  One day I will coordinate with one of Kim and Katy's trips to the states and get it shipped to their parents or something.  Until then I will have to do some welding mods to my trailer lock, cause it is really useless.

No comments: