Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Projects are started

I have started working on my Diesel Voyager.  The Astro van mileage upsets me.  Besides that the Astro van is good, it needs a new block heater, and maybe ball joints, but it has more room and is very comfortable.  In the spring I will fix it up for my back up van, cause we really don't know how well a 1.6L non turbo diesel will pull a 16' 6000lb trailer do we.  I did see a Turbo for sale last night for the ol VW 1.6, if it wasn't in Camrose, I would be buying it this morning first thing, maybe I can get there this after noon, another $80 for gas on the turbo price, to pick it up.

My buddy has a nice 10' fully enclosed trailer, and he only wants $1000 for it, but it has a bent axle, it burns through tires.  Even still I was having trouble finding a 10' enclosed for under $3000.  Every time my 16' tries to kill me on icy roads I have a look.  I really want to buy his trailer, but I feel I shouldn't.  I really need a flat deck trailer for the trencher, or my truck.  Its really hard pull starting the 12hp trencher in a fully enclosed trailer.  My 16' has become a tool shed on the street in Edmonton.  I am even going to put a roof rack on it now for my conduit.  Its not going anywhere till the roads are warm and dry.

Turning the Andrew house into the "cabin" we have been on the hunt for "Antlers" to mount over the fire.  Our neighbor Metro has 4 large Moose racks, that belong to his son, he is working on that for us.  Then we came across a 45" rack in a field, on snowmobiles.  Looks like it was probably shot in November, and some lazy hunter didn't want to track it down.  In the snow, how hard can it be to track fresh foot prints from a bleeding animal, through fresh powder.  I do have a short video of that, when I upload my phone.

No comments: