Tuesday, December 28, 2010

VW love

Just loving my Jetta.  Waiting for a heat exchanger to come in and it will be running partly on vegetable oil, saving me thousands a year on fuel.  I got kind of cocky thinking with all the lock noises, the Jetta was locking all the doors and trunk for me.  The other morning 3am, my VW factory alarm went off.  CSI Edmonton came to the conclusion that someone opened the unlocked trunk.  So I started locking the trunk.  never another issue until today, and maybe before when it was parked in Andrew, and it had a dead battery upon my return.  Today it has decided to sound its alarm at random time increments after its locked.  I have dearmed it 5 times tonight.  I didn t think it was possible to lock the doors without arming the alarm, but at vwlemon.com, I found many others have the same problem, and the site explains how to lock up without arming the alarm.

The Diesel Voyager is taking shape, but its darn cold out, I still haven t even gotten the old gasser out.  

Here is a quick vid o the VW roof rack.


No comments: