Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back To The Cold


A picture of the awsome destructive power of ICE. It cracked the other side of this presure tank, but this side looks cooler the way it was streached. The filter was also cracked and actually broke rite in half. The well case heaters must have come unplugged or something, thankfully the most expensive part, the pump, didn't crack.

That didn't take very long, my favorate computer store had the Asus computer I wanted, in stock, and I bought it. Acording to the new computers estimate, I will get 11 hours of the 12 hour advertised battery life. Lenovo didn't even try to pretend, the most battery it ever said it had was 2 hours, when it was supposed to have 6 hours. The computer guys said my Lenovo probably has hardware unplugged or a bad solder joint. I can fix eather myself, recover all my data, and have a spair working computer eventually.

I got home Monday night and to my surprise, the mother inlaw was here. Again reminded how small the world is, she came over to keep Michelle company wile I was in Mexico. Yesterday, Tuesday, I had the job of entertaining the mother inlaw all day wile Michelle went to work. It didn't work out to be that challenging. I dressed her up in a beliclava gloves and a jacket, then took her out on the sled. The sled tipped us off once down an embankment, and I lost controll somewhat driving us into a tree once. We never hit the base of the tree just hit the thick branches covered in cold snow, and had to pull the sled out from under the tree. You forget the machine has brakes when it stops so quickly with the throdel off, but still not quick enough sometimes. I will make a sled camera mount for next time, pointing at the driver/passenger, that should be good entertainment.

Then we took her to the air port, I bought my new computer, and we saw the Avatar movie in 3D. I also stopped by VW to see if I could buy the VW Transporter, which I have now seen in deisel, left hand drive and in both Canada and Mexico. Ironic VW and Ford both use the same name for their utility "vans". Only available in Mexico and the US they tell me. I will be doing some searches for the VW Transporter this week and see if it might get 30mpg and have an affordable price tag. It is undecided wether the ol Dodge will get more than the brakes fixed. I can limp it around AB as needed as long as it stops.

No comments: