Friday, January 8, 2010

The Original "How To Open A Coconut"


By popular demand, the lesson from Joe, how to open a coco.
I didn't figure it out on my own. Hopefully this vid will
load in less than 3 hours.

All is good in Mexico, not good in Alberta I hear. Another
cold snap has frozen everything to do with the well, and the
village can't turn the city water on till around the day
before I come home. So poor Michelle is without
water. I can't even imagine the cold rite now, I find it
unbearable wearing the long sleave shirt wile I am welding.

I purchased a carrier that goes in the class 5 hitch, in
Pheonex, for $40, can you imagine. I can't buy the steel to
make a carrier for that much. And as usual I am not satisfied
and I have to weld more on it, so I have spent double that
making a lockable box over the carier. Joe figures my carier
will now haul a half pick up load, and locked up securely.
There will be a pic of my creation in the future, but not
today. I have been welding on it all day, from morning to
dark and its still not done.

As if the toaster oven wasn't enough, I have now fixed a
coffee grinder, hooked up a "not working" DVD player,
reassemble a disasembled sewing machine, and
this welder I picked up in Pheonex for $100, is the greatest
thing ever, but I have had real problems, all related to
poor assembily. I have had it all appart trying to find
what turned out to be the "torch" button wires came unplugged
inside the "torch" so the wire wouldn't feed any more. I tell you
the transformer inside that welder I couldn't buy for $100
in Canada. It is truly amazing how little china can make
stuff for.

We are getting a cement truck tomorrow to pour the floor for
the house. In Joe's words, "The cement is stolen, from the
customers, who paid for 5 meters and only got 4" or something.
So it is left over and old and has to be worked quickly.
But they will just dump it in the drive and leave then it
is up to us to haul it in five gallon buckets, should be
interesting. I guess the price is rite so its happening.

Another section of wall up, with not much help from me, as
I was welding my silly carrier all day. I just passed the
odd bucket of morter and the odd brick up the scaffolding
when Joe was out. I did have to take down the Hammock and
the shade canopy that we built with a tarp and tent poles.
I acctually can't wait to reconstruct the little canopy in
Alberta for the dune buggy, be it Hammerhead or VW.

We have had a fire going for 2 days now, which is funny,
cause there isn't really room for it, with all the trucks
and camper here, but Joe won't put it out. I back him up
like "OK the fire is under your bumper, ok its under your
gas tank now". No it never really got under the gas tank,
but close enough. We are getting all the garbage palm
leaves, banana leaves, and tropical wood garbage burned
anyway.

So tommorow, I get my truck ready (locked up) to go on the
street, so the cement truck can come in. Then we go get some
paint for my carrier, and clear the way for the cement truck.
Fun Fun.

I have about another week here, and thats it. I am too
cheap to get more Mexico insurance on the truck, and I need
to get home to cut fire wood and give the well love. Should be
enough time to get everything finnished here. Hopefully I get
some time to test my truck out tomorrow, and see if I really
have a problem or not. I am thinking, focusing on, only
having a failed fan temp switch, which caused a boil over
and major loss of antifreeze up the slow mountain switchbacks,
and then again, as we were pulled over by the Policia (not
moving, no air over the rad). Makes perfect sense to me.
I am not going to risk tightening the head bolts, cause if
one breaks I will be really screwed down here. Its almost
20 years old, with miles to back it.

Roosters are stupid. I finally turned my computer on,
being the only source of time I have, and it says its 2am
and neighbors roosters are cockadoodledoing like crazy.
It doesn't get light here till 8am.

No comments: