Friday, January 8, 2010

Mexico Electric

Joe takes the electrical into his own hands. The construction
workers had run these 2 wires in from presumably before
the meter, so they were hot and no turning them off. They
were too short, Joe decided to extend them and bury his sins
in concrete. He says its not a sin down here, and his old
loafers also insulate him from the ground wile he splices
both wires one at a time, with the "100%" method.

My truck diagnosis was dead on I think, my truck did the
1/2 hour drive to Wallmart today no problems. That is the
first time I took it out since I got here. It seemed really
powerful with the trailer detatched.

Mexico roads are backwards, which is really frustrating.
you have to be in the far rite lane to turn left. No off
ramp or anything You actually turn left in front of 3 lanes
of stopped traffic. Completely backwards. They know it and
Policia stand at the corner and wait for americans to screw
it up and turn left in the left lane with the green arrow.
I was warned before I went on the road, but I know I screwed
that up a couple times on the drive down here, I was totally
confused, but there wasn't enough traffic at night to cause
any trouble. Since we pulled in at 4am. That is a good
example of "targeting" foriegners.

Then wallmart, the last place you can park for free, completely
cut corners on their parking lot. My 18' truck takes up
one and a half parking spots, no exageration. Worst of all
they divide everything, and you can't drive through a parking
spot without parking at the very back of the lot. My truck
would have stuck half way into the lane had I been able to
do an 8 point turn to get it in a close spot to start with.
I don't understand how they can make such a disfunctional
parking lot.

The motor guys in Arizona have not got back to me since I
said I want a motor, let me give you my visa number, wich is
wierd. Hopefully I can get that together.

Concrete never showed up today. It was a bit of a shady
deal anyway, hit and miss, one fifth the price of new sort
of thing. There is still next week.

I understand Brian fixed the well for Michelle in AB, so she
has water again. Just glad everything but the pump cracked.
This summer I really should insulate the damn well casing.
Just buy a few bales of straw and pile it on their even, give
the mice somewhere warm to live outside of my house.

Did I mention we got another mouse, we went a good year without.
Took a week after we found evidence. I finally had to
open the poison bag for him, he seemed to like the dog food
better to start. Think that took care of him with the dog
food removed and easy access to poison pellets.

There is crazy

No comments: