Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Home Safe

I made it home safe, a day early. My computer completely died, maybe a bump knocked out another hard drive, I don't know. I should put a shock absorber on the truck computer mount.

I am usually pretty positive about my truck but the truck didn't fair that well. It does consume antifreeze. The drive shaft vibrates badly now, prolly the bearing on the first shaft. The windshield has a vertical crack, The brakes are burned up, prolly need new rotors. Need new fan switches for the heater and radiator fans. The motor has 290k on it now, so I won't be doing the head gasket w/o a complete rebuild.

I test drove a Ford "transporter" in the states, what a piece of junk, a minivan would be better. It did look cool though, kind of a European lookhttp://images.myride.com/images/vehicle/2010/Ford/Transit%20Connect/oem/2010_Ford_Transit_Connect_02_(768x576).jpg

We will talk now about putting a few thou into my old truck or buy a new sprinter van.

I have most likely lost all my videos on my lap top, which is too bad I was working on a neet tour of the Villa we have in Mexico. Don't expect many posts until I get a new computer, but I will build up a few gigs of exciting video footage.

No comments: