Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How to fix a toaster oven on the truck hood

How to repair a toaster oven on the truck hood. When
Irma asked me to look at her toaster oven, I took it
appart and tested it all out. I said the burner is done,
you need a new burner, its garbage. The two burners were
wired in series, so I jumpered the one out to prove it,
and sure enough the single top burner worked, but without
its partner it burns 4 x as hot, and would surely melt, or
catch fire on its own in no time. So I left it not working.
Until Irma found this old oven from the garbage. This took at
least 10x longer than the 6 min video, but just to give you an
idea whats involved, you might want to buy a new toaster oven
when a burner goes. Unless of course you have lots of free time
in the sun, a good lite duty welder, and a garbage toaster oven
for parts.

No comments: