Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sledding


This is the crappiest video I've made yet. I haven't yet returned my overpriced cam corder, that doesn't work, but I did order a new one on Ebay that is more than twice the megapixels, and less than half the price. No flash for pictures though :-(.

The sled vibration was amplified in my camera mast/tripod, hence the terrible video. I had great difficulty w the camera turning off, dropping its battery out, and never saving the videos. This mast is obviously no good, I will make a helmet cam mount instead. Just prepping for next week when it is supposed to be warmer, and we will have a second sled this Friday. I successfully dragged the flat deck trailer to the front yard w the sled, so I can pick up another.

Opened my mig welder from Harbor Freight in the US. Thats what I welded my camera mast with. They are totally inconsistent. I can't really complain, I have a welder that kinda works, but its funny, Joe's welder didn't come w a welding mask, wile mine did. Joe's welder came w the wrong size spare tip for the wire it came with. My welder came with the rite size tips for Joe's wire, but not for the wire that came with my machine. But I don't want to talk poorly about China's quality control. I know that just the transformer contained in these welding machines costs double the whole welding machine price in Canada. I should be thankful the machines come with wire and tips in the first place.

No comments: